"Man to Man"
A Message of Contemplatives to the World (1967)
by Thomas Merton
Introduction by Fr. Anthony Ciorra, Ph.D.
Discover the fascinating life of the contemplative with Thomas Merton. Originally addressed to an abbot living an active religious life in Rome, these talks explore how the cloistered life teaches us about renewal, prayer, and affirming God. You will be enrapt as you listen to Merton deliver these talks with his trademark eloquence and erudition. Through living in solitude, Merton was able to grapple with the most fundamental questions of human existence. These talks are truly outstanding.
1. Introduction by Fr. Anthony Ciorra, Ph.D.
2. Part 1 - A Message of Contemplatives to the World
3. Man, God, and Prayer
4. Part 2 - True Contemplatives
5. Renewal of True Contemplation
6. Reevaluation of Contemplative Aims
7. Prayer and Imagination
8. Cloistered Alienation
9. Matters of Sin and Psychology
10. Part 3 - Renewal of Contemplative Life
11. Concluding Comments